Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sophomore Year!

Here is the start of my posts for sophomore year. I don't have much stuff I want to show from freshman year, for the fact that none of it I'm really proud of, it was quick sketches and practice. I might get a few longer pieces up here if I have time!

Game Design

We started the year off running. Every class we had something due! Doesn't seem too bad? We have class 2 times a week. A day apart! Besides that it's a blast. Here are some sketches and pieces for a couple of assignments.

We had to take a mechanic from our games that we selected and illustrate them through sketches. From one of these we will pick out final piece.

Part of my game is exploring the map by placing map cards. Players are able to choose where the place maps, making each game a different playing field. I illustrated this through the 3 following drawings.






Another mechanic is going into buildings and finding health. The catch is that the buildings, however, are filled with zombies.



The last mechanic is the helipad. Whoever gets to the helipad wins the game!


I ended up picking the helipad design and pushed it further - Here is my 2nd pass.

A final critique was in store so I finally redid the piece for my final in process.
And Final Color Rendered

No comments: